Old 10-01-19, 12:37 AM
Cassius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you once more for all the tips and recommendations! Now I feel I have a good base of knowledge to further dive into details (such as flux type/brand, heatng paterns/techniques etc).

Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
"as light as possible" is only a factor for me when it's a factor for the rider. Since I am that rider for many of my frames and I don't race but want a frame to reflect my mechanical and accessory tastes many of my frames are not as light as possible. But I don't make them any heavier then needed
Isn't this really the same thing thou? If your building a frame "not heavier than needed", and it's tailored for the rider. And then you build a frame "as light as possible", but still tailored for the rider. It will also not be heavier than needed. Tomata - Tomáto? In my case a .65-.4-.65 DT would be too weak, so in order to get a stiff frame I need to use a heavier tube for exampla a .9-.6-.9. That is both not heavier than needed And as light as I can use to get the stiffness I believe I need.

In order to build an even lighter frame, while maintaining the same stiffness one would have to resort to other tube dimensions and/or other material.