Old 04-18-15, 10:40 AM
quicktrigger

Bikes: Allez/Motobecane 427HT & Ti/Soma Custom Build

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grey.
If you can show me one Specialized or Giant bike that comes in more than two colors i'll be impressed. 90% of the Sirrus range is black and grey, I don't know what you're on about honestly.
While that is correct on two colors per model, but they are not just black/grey either. Much better than Trek's BS black or Grey over virtually the entire line men's FX line. I'm sure Trek does this so that they have to order two frame colors so they get a price cut from the manufacturer, so as to inflate profit margins. Just the same I only used Specialized/Giant as better than Trek and others, not as the way to go. As for 90% of the Sirrus line only in Black/Grey...... you might want to look again.

Specialized Bicycle Components in Red.
Specialized Bicycle Components in Orange.
Specialized Bicycle Components in Magenta.
Specialized Bicycle Components in Cyan.
Specialized Bicycle Components in Green.
Specialized Bicycle Components in Red/Black.

Doesn't look like 90% of the line to me. Maybe 50%. At least there is some options here, unlike Trek's crap colors.

Saw a $5k Trek a few weeks ago. Came in exactly Grey, and nothing else. $5k for the privilege of ZERO choice. STUPID business model.

Contrast, friend just bought a $6K Transitions Mt Bike a few weeks ago. Tiny company in comparison to Trek, with a small market share, in a very small market for that level of mountain bike. But they still offered two choices in color, and they weren't Black and Grey either, but Black and Orange. He bought the Orange one.

And if you don't honestly know what I and others have been typing about, then why are you and others trying to using everything you can to try to convince us that it is the only possible way? Basically Trek and Cannondale for that matter, seem to have the attitude that we are lucky that they are willing to sell us a bike at all.

I get that some people don't like the attitude of the stance. I get that I go after the point aggressively when someone spouts total BS, that is by design. I also get that there are many that aren't as analytical will fall for the BS. Also get that sitting down and shutting up about it will not improve the situation in any way. And any bike company that has a clue will be on these forums with an eye as to what their public perception is. Some people will hate my attitude, just as they HATE Bikes Direct and just as many local business owners HATE any online shopping. Others will love the attitude. I was raised in the sciences, and taking a point of view and defending it is just part of the process. So no great whoppey-do either way.

QT

Last edited by quicktrigger; 04-18-15 at 10:50 AM.