View Single Post
Old 12-06-20, 06:12 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
Originally Posted by bonsai171
Lol. Going to echo the sentiment here. I like fixed gear, but sometimes track bike. Stopped at a mtb park once to get a drink. A mtber called my bike a fixie, I was like, what??

Dave
The problem with track bike is mine is not a track bike and I don't ride it on the track and probably wouldn't. It is not aggressive has brakes on it and is awesome (not that a track bike isn't just had to mention it) It is a Fixed Gear Road Bike and then I have a cross bike which is now single speed (flip flop, may go back to fixed at some point) with a front rack and dynamo with wide ass tires.

Your story reminds me of the time I was going to the store on my touring bike (drop bars but very upright, wide tires and had all the racks on it and a pannier) wearing winter clothes (most certainly non-cycling specific and baggier than I would want for a longer trip) to pick up earplugs, Twizzlers and some other stuff for an upcoming trip and some guys in a car yelled at me "Get outta here ROADIE". I was dumbstruck I was like "Huh? Roadie? Me?" I felt bad for the actual roadies who take such pride in their roadie-dom, I had been crowned their king by the divine will of some idiots in a car.
Likes For veganbikes: