View Single Post
Old 06-18-18, 09:47 AM
price

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=mel2012;20382187]I would not recommend the Hedgehog unless you live in a very hilly area or want to change out the rear cog. The stock gear ratio really limits the max speed on flat ground. We had one for only 9 months before we moved my son up to a 20" multi-gear bike. We tried a Frog 62 when my son was ready to move from a 20" to a 24", and were disappointed to find that it had a really high bottom bracket that prevented my son from finding a comfortable riding position (he really wanted the Union Jack pattern). I'm not sure if the 48 has that same issue. Have you looked at the Woom? It's only slightly more than the others you're looking at. We haven't tried the smaller Woom bikes, but we ultimately settled on a Woom 5 for my son's 24" bike and both of my kids love it. Also, this is a great site if you haven't already checked it out:

Thank you. Yeah, I saw that the Frog 52 and 62 have a very high bottom bracket but this is not the case with the 48. The Frog 48 has a low bottom bracket. My son has been riding the WOOM 2 for about two years now..he is way too big for it now. It was a great first bike but I find and notice that the upright position does not serve him now. He has problems leaning into turns and other issues because of the upright position. Starting from the WOOM 4 the bikes become more "normal aggressive" riding position but the WOOM 3 is still too upright.