View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 09:57 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
First Worlds ride, probably the last one for a few weeks, though knowing some of my teammates they'll ride through it despite quarantine orders. I really love Worlds (even more so than actual races) and its going to be hard not doing it. Didn't do well at all; CTL is at 60 and I started out like I was in peak form and cracked early on. Wasn't alone though and our little group worked pretty well.

Originally Posted by gsteinb
Had the same conversation with Racer Ex last night. Hella tough to justify training and dieting for hill climbs that are apt to not happen. Guys have a hard enough time staying motivated for a race next week if it might rain. I can't wrap my head around 8 weeks of starving. Kind pulled the rip cord for the week and will reevaluate on a week by week basis.
IMO, being fit raises the immunity system; but you go too far and it cracks. One has to go pretty far to hit that number, and most cyclists (i.e. non or casual racers) don't come close. Reducing your dietary intake is probably the worst thing to do, that doesn't mean gaining a ton of weight. **EDIT** I should probably add doing a century or any 200+ tss ride lowers it for a short period as well, so I'm avoiding that right now.

Originally Posted by Cypress
Hopefully about to start back up this week. Took some time off to get my legs and head straight before getting back on the horse.

I needed to not ride for a little bit and reset my frame of mind. I'd been training for racing, and the uncertainty of the season was really giving me the "what's the point" feeling every time I looked at TrainingPeaks.

At this point, I think I'm going to start "just riding" instead of following a training plan...at least for a little bit. It's extremely tough for me to justify a training plan if there is no "goal".
IMO, I'd just stay in that 70-80 CTL range so when the fog does clear you're mostly there... at least that's my plan.

Last edited by furiousferret; 03-18-20 at 10:07 AM.
Likes For furiousferret: