Old 08-11-18, 06:53 PM
Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Probably my biggest day on bike to date. I got a very last minute entry to the Gran Fondo that accompanies the stage of the Tour of Utah from a friend. (I did it last year, but hadn't planned ot this year because f paying 150$ to ride on open roads).

Anyways, 107miles, 10k feet of climbing. 383 TSS. I reallllly suffered going up Little Cottonwood canyon. Heat + I put in a good effort on Guardsmans. And my team was greatly annoying me. We were supposed to ride it together, but it ended up being like 3 of us pulling the other 35 and then waiting FOREVER at aid stations. I was using this as a dry run for LoToJa nutrition, so I was not taking anything and it gets real old standing around watching people eat sub sandwhiches when we should be riding our bikes. I eventually just told the group I'd meet them half way up the last climb so we could roll through together (Big sponsorship thing). Just wish I would have done that in the beginning and got to ride with people that are actually my speed and who I normally ride with.

After I finished riding lcc and clocked in my time (much worse than last year on account of a much harder course and having to ride basically the entire thing solo), I grabbed a small bite of recovery and then did laps shuttling teammates up the last 2k. That got the extra 6 miles and about 1000 feet to kick me over.

Food, beer, watching a pretty exciting finish, hanging out in kit for way too long.. The whole schebang. Then I met Rich Hincapie and Bobby Julich (very in passing) as one of my friends and teammates is working a potential business venture with them. A good day. Now off to eat all the calories.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... I've never seen as many pinarellos in one place as i did at this ride.

Last edited by Ttoc6; 08-11-18 at 08:46 PM.