Old 07-03-20, 06:21 PM
Cykilist2

Bikes: a cannondale & a trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I have both of them. CE versions. I have a previous version of a Fly6, which I liked better, but they both work fine.
The only issue I had with the CE, other than the bluetooth seemed to stop working (I can't get it to talk with the phone... hard reset of the 6?) was that I had initially stuck a 64gb data card in there. it didn't really like it, so I replaced it with a 32, and it's worked fine since, and the other thing is that the that little rubber sealer that protects the slots broke off, and Cycliq doesn't seem to give a rats ass about it. So, I just use duct tape, and hope it doesn't rain. My previous model still have the rubber sealer on it. I almost want to say that the older versions were made more durable.

Fly12: Like most reasons you get a camera, you are involved in an accident or get fed up with too many close passes, that gets you too close to a hospital bed. I've not had any issues, per se, with it, It films fine, It's what I expected. The only thing I'm very disappointed in is their mounting for it. It is atrocious. It is being held on by some plastic universal adaptOr, which costs an additional 16US to combine with their Duo Mount unit. As time has gone on, the teeth that hold in the unit, have broken off, and barely holds it now. On rides, I am happy that I have a strap, at the back, because it falls off at least 3 or 4 times, but the strap just lets it dangle there. It only happens when I get into a climb, and it shakes right off. It's pretty much the same as what Biker395 describes. It's a nice little unit, but it is now going to be taking a seat on my counter until I can figure what else I want to do with it. So, what I'm looking for in cycle-land is alternatives to what cycliq offers-- that cheap universal adaptOr that 's going to break in short time, or another option that you can use to get the thing to mount.
It's back to pulling out my gopro hero 3+ and night lighting for the front lighting, because cycliq is out of stock on their precious POS unit that probably originates in a country that has supply issues..... So, maybe, I'll just need to concoct up something else so I can ride with the unit once again.
Advice appreciated!