View Single Post
Old 07-25-09, 11:24 AM
erader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reef58
I think the problem with some people and Contador is they want him to micro manage every kilometer of a race like Lance did. I don't think that is how AC operates. He wants to race. Here is a stroy I am stealing from running back John Riggins. I think his high school or college coach told him this to motivate him. The response from Riggins is AC like to me.

Coach says John if you want to win you have to be like player A. Player A always gets plenty of rest while player B is out partying and having a good time. Player A always eats properly while player B is eating pizza and drinking beer. Player A trains properly and understands the entire field. Player B is hitting on girls. Then during the race at the finish line player A stretches to nose player B at this line. Riggins replies that player B sure is talented.

Richard
have we seen any celebrating from team astana? do they mob alberto like columbia does cav after a stage win? hell no. many of the astana guys will be getting their checks signed by lance next year. even horner has badmouthed contador.

i've never seen a situation where the yellow jersey was so maligned by his own team.

contador should have fired the pistol today atop ventoux.

ed rader