Old 06-13-19, 01:06 PM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
You won't need a lock until your bike is about to be stolen. Even then, the lock may only add 10-60 additional seconds to it not being stolen. When I have my handlebar bag, it has my "valuables" in it and it unclips and goes with me like a purse. When I am not touring, I grab my valuables out of my seat bag which is usually only my cell phone and maybe grab my Wahoo off. I carry and use a cheap $6 4 digit combo lock at times but it is mainly just for looks. Putting my bike in the highest possible gear (50x11 in my case) and putting my helmet strap through a wheel is probably more effective against anyone trying to do a quick peel away. I have TRP Hy/RD brakes and they are really easy to lock out the arm movement with the thumbscrew adjuster rendering the brakes inoperable (integral part of the cable tension adjuster). I thought about doing that preventing any braking and giving someone taking off a surprise but in the end decided that was a really dumb idea. I would forget to reset it and....

Last edited by u235; 06-13-19 at 01:25 PM.