View Single Post
Old 07-20-19, 08:03 PM
RGMN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
I used a RFLKT+ for about 4-5 years with an iPhone 5c and 6 SE. I bought one for me and one for my wife. I would still be using the RFLKT+ today if it didn't start dropping connections to the phone. It got to the point where it had difficulties connecting at all. That's when it got tossed and the I got the Bolt, since the RFLKT was no longer available. My wife is still using her RFLKT+ and is not having any connection issues. Both of us used Cyclemeter as the phone app. Both had a Wahoo TICKR, and Wahoo speed and RPM sensors connected to the phones. The phones were optimized for battery life using some hacks I read about on the web and we only had Cyclemeter running while riding. Doing that, I was able to ride century rides and not run out of battery life on the iPhone and still had enough battery life left to make several phone calls, if needed. I'm looking at the Wahoo Mini, for the wife, if her RFLKT ever dies but at this point, I'm still hearing a lot of major issues among its users on the support forum.
Delete the RFLKT+ from the iOS Bluetooth, then pair to it again. It should fix the dropping issue. FWIW, from what I've heard from our mobile app developers, this is an Apple/iOS issue, not a Wahoo issue. iOS sometimes gets confused with BLE devices, having it pair again seems to fix the issue.