Old 09-07-16, 11:02 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18409 Post(s)
Liked 15,520 Times in 7,324 Posts
Originally Posted by MattPugh
At the moment for my project i might be looking at (if possible, i havent really researched the stuff yet) but maybe a possible magnet like a neodymium magnet that can be put on the bike which can be housed in a 3d printed case etc. The housing will be able to be screwed on and off.

With all the other options out there, this seems like it would be too much trouble. Who wants to attach something you a bike every time you want to hang it when you can simply use one of many available hanging systems? And there is the issue of damaging the bike's finish. With a carbon fiber frame, there might be issues of possibly damaging the frame by clamping something on too tightly.

Also, you'd probably need more than one magnet. And if I am imagining this correctly, the metal strip would have to stick out from the wall a great deal because of the width of the handlebars. I have a floor to ceiling bracket with two "hooks" for each of the two bikes the bracket can hold. The hooks stick out horizontally probably 2' from the wall.