Old 09-08-16, 09:18 PM
SC WIS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've never had a 'hardcore looking' cyclist help me.

I had a flat on my road bike while on a trail 30mi from my house and I tried asking other cyclists for help, I know a lot of dedicated cyclists (what I mean by hardcore looking cyclists is cyclists that have really good road bikes, are dressed in cycling clothes etc I'm only 15 and new to the cycling world) carry tools to fix flats, so I tried to flag someone down, and not a single 'hardcore looking' cyclist that I tried to ask for help even looked back at me or anything, all completely ignored me! They weren't in a pack either. Then an older couple actually noticed I had a flat and stopped to help me. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: it wasn't just this time either, I've been somewhat lost and tried to ask for donations back to my city and all pro looking cyclists wouldn't give me the light of day, but the first casual rider I saw gladly helped me, and even offered to ride with me back!

I always say hi or nod / wave to others on the trails and almost everyone will wave / say hi back but it's rare a hardcore looking cyclist will.

Last edited by SC WIS; 09-08-16 at 09:36 PM.