View Single Post
Old 01-24-19, 11:34 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
It seems participation in BF is down in general. I switched to the 33 where there was a critical mass of racers otherwise it seemed like I was posting by myself many times. I have zero interest in posting in the 50+ sub forum about masters racing.
Exactly, I agree with this 100%. This forum got weird for me because it eventually felt like I personally was posting 70% of the content. It wasn't much of a conversation.

I likewise am more interested in racing and training for racing (or really riding as an athletic endeavor which I'm constantly trying to get better at, racing is the primary driver for that for me right now). I am not particularly interested in talking about cycling from the more general perspective of being over 50 or being a woman. Mostly, if people don't care about or respect racing, or if they think training towards an endurance goal is the same thing as training towards a performance goal, then I don't have tons of specific bike-related conversation to engage in with them. Ie not much interest in general cycling forums.

Personally I think the ship has sailed on the Master's Racing Forum. The conversation died awhile ago and without a good mix of experienced master's racers posting here and new racers coming in with questions, I can't see it being revived. I think the real life world of Master's racing is in decline too, so I don't see the influx of new voices happening. This is not really what I want to say because I think this used to be a great sub-forum, it meant a lot to me. But that is life, I suppose. Things change.