Old 01-25-19, 07:21 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
@Bandera, riding the bike is a proven diversion, cure, and alternative to nefarious thoughts of inappropriate actions.

My off season was going well until I broke the fifth metatarsal in my right foot seven weeks ago. That knocked me off of the bike - well, everything, really - for a month. My podiatrist had wonderful news when I saw him after that month long respite - "surgery, it isn't healing". The surgery is scheduled for February 13. Coach has me rebuilding with the notion of gaining as much strength and fitness as possible before the surgery (big race, "Little Toe Nats"). I don't know what the penalty will be after the surgery, but it will likely be six to eight weeks of recovery.

Always something!

Goals for 2019? Track Nats (at Velo Sports Center in Carson this year), with an eye on the top step of the podium. There will be a "west coast women's series" at Hellyer in June or July, and I'd like to participate in that. State track championships are always on the calendar, as well. Worlds, I don't know. It depends on whether or not the UCI instates a five year age grade for women over 55 for this years event. For road, well. Maybe a flat crit or two, but that's about it. Track is crack, and that's where I belong.

Thanks for asking!