View Single Post
Old 08-26-14, 05:15 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
JFB, nice travelogue and well done. You did indeed find my route and picture (though IIRC mine was from a little further down and captured one of the fine homes, probably an original farmhouse, on the north side of the road)...

Addendum-de-dum-dum: JFB, you must have deleted your post and then re-entered it just as I was posting my answer. Otherwise I have no way to explain the non-causal quantum-mechanical time-shift of my answer appearing before you question.

Hey jmm

Thanks for your reply, or shall I say prelude? I just noticed the addendum and you are right, I accidentally sent the post, then deleted it to finish properly about an hour later. I was so posted out by composing it that I hoped you would figure it out.

Among the reasons I try to ride as much as I can in the summer besides that it beckons, and I try to train for a century, is that I want to savor and grab all summer gusto I can. For me, writing a detailed (long) ride report is a way to journal and preserve the experience to appreciate later; kind of like canning summer fruits and vegetables to enjoy in the winter.