View Single Post
Old 11-23-19, 05:26 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by top506
He HAD a Triumph GT 6 but abandoned Anglo-Saxon purity of purpose for Teutonic creature comforts. So what if the Porsche starts every day even if it's damp......

(who misses the absolutely infuriating frustration mingled with very occasional joy of owning a classic English sports car).
Ah yes, the joy of getting nauseous from leaning under a dashboard on a hot summer day, the smell of gasoline in one's nostrils from trying in vain to sync a pair of SU carbs, the thrilling shove in the back from an engine capable of going form 0 to 60 in 5 seconds if you give it an additional 5 seconds.

Sharon used to insist that noise-canceling headphones on my way to work in R.I. Then I got stopped by a state troop who "reminded" me that driving with headphones was illegal here. I handed him the phones and told him there was no music going through them. Ht looked at them for a moment, handed them back and said the law said no headphones but didn't say anything about ear muffs. I can still hear the roar of that engine. And after driving for an hour just barely hear anything else!

Vintage bikes are so much quieter.

Last edited by jimmuller; 11-23-19 at 05:30 AM.