View Single Post
Old 11-30-19, 09:12 AM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 241 Posts
I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving (and is ready for the coming snowstorm.)
I decided I deserved a break from raking leaves yesterday afternoon, so I took a quick ride up the Minuteman to Lexington Center. The new Visitor Center is coming along:

Looks to be closed in enough to make good progress over the winter. BTW, if you take a look at the floor plan posted here: https://www.tourlexington.us/sites/l..._2.12.2018.pdf you can see that those two doorways on the left in the photo are the two "family" bathrooms. Looks like they will be similar in concept to the two at the Bedford Depot, but not designated by gender.

There was a stiff headwind on the way out, making it feel much colder than the 42 or so it was. My overall body was fine, with windproof pants and jacket, but my neck and face were cold. I've asked for a neck warmer for Christmas to resolve that. The tail wind on the way back was so consistent that at some points I had the eerie sensation of near silence despite going 15mph.
Likes For bike_tom: