Old 01-02-20, 03:43 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked 1,513 Times in 906 Posts
I almost didn't ride this morning; that whiny voice in my head disguised itself well, but I saw it was 45F and just did it.

Very dark and wet outside, but clear. Stars in the sky, light beginning to outline the hills to the east, smoky with the fog. The marsh was quiet, except for the small cheeping waterfowl that fled across the pond as I rode the trail next to them. A bobbing light approaches; an early morning runner on his way back home. Crossing the bridge, a fellow commuter heads north as I head south; we greet each other. On the highway, the wash of the cars' headlights showed me what's ahead. Riding under the eucalyptus was pretty good; only some seed cases to make my bike jump. I got off the road and onto the trail as the sky was brightening. Rode through some shallow puddles, reveling in the glory of fenders, dodged a banana slug, inadvertently chased some birds, who will insist on fleeing ahead of me, and pulled into work.

Of course, it looks like rain the rest of the week.