Old 01-24-10, 07:26 AM
cooper34

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1972 Schwinn "SuperSport" (Hand-built in Chicago) - $295 (Duluth)

"Hello All,

I really can't believe I'm even considering this but a move and general simplifying has pushed me over the edge. I have here one fine bicycle for sale. It has been completely updated and overhauled over the last year and is ready to roll. It started it's life as a 1972 Schwinn Super Sport that was hand-built (brazed, not welded) in the Chicago factory. This is a dying breed. It spent most of it's life under the "tush" of a single rider who did a fair amount of touring with it. Eventually, it came to me and got all the loving it deserved. The crankset/bottom bracket have been replaced (from original Ashtabular cranks) to modern alloy square tapers. Pedals are Shimano 600/Ultegra with clips. Wheels were upgraded from 27" originals to 700c Wolbers with Shimano 600/Ultegra hubs and 23mm slick rubber. The drivetrain was simplified to a single-speed with 1/8th in BMX chain and 39/16 gearing. Bars were converted to "bull's horns" and freshly taped (w/ gel pads). A cyclocross lever was installed and the front (and only) brake was upgraded to a modern Tektro dual-pivot system. A new Turbo leather saddle was also fitted. Finally, Everything was taken apart, cleaned, loved and re-lubed. Ready to go. This is a single speed, one-braked sex machine that will only be let go to a fine home (seriously). If interested, give me a ring at (218) 724-3468 and leave a message after the "meow".

Thanks "

http://duluth.craigslist.org/bik/1551295595.html