Old 08-27-14, 09:46 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Here are some pics from Masters Track Nationals in Redmond, WA on the 400 meter concrete track located in Marymoor Park. All photos by Hermes or Mrs. Hermes.

For those that have not attended a track national championship, it all starts by getting space in the infield and setting up a tent city that is home for several days of racing and socializing. Since we race a Velo Sports Center in Carson, CA, we joined a group from SoCal and we all chipped in to purchase a couple of pop up canopies for shade.

The infield

Marymoor is flat on the straights but has a more abrupt rise entering the turn than Hellyer, Carson or Trexlertown. I called it the Marymoor climb. I found myself wanting to get out of the saddle entering the turn at the relief line and even more so at the rail. The sprinters lane was flat and not a problem but due to the banking, I felt that drifting up to the red line and then "diving" off the banking to the black line offered a way to get a couple of seconds of recovery on each turn during the pursuit.

500 Meters... At Marymoor, the 500 is started on the track apron and one enters the track before the half lap line. Our age group did two ups. I started on the home stretch.

Here is BF @Allegheny Jet starting on the apron getting ready to go on the track.

Coming into turn 4

Heading to the finish.

500 Podium