Old 07-26-19, 07:13 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by MEversbergII
Looks good! Going by the fold lock, you have the older style of Paratrooper, which evidently was heavier and less refined than current iterations (I've considered one myself, though now I'm leaning more towards their pavement bikes - once money clears up again, anyways). I think the real winner here, though, is that guy with the pizza bag there in the background.
It's about a 2005 model, with the mullet brake arrangement. I've been eyeballing the Navigator off and on, as a possible reward purchase for my Healthywage.com winnings, which I've earned, but won't get a payout until Oct. I figure on putting drop bars on it if I do get that one.

The pizza bag belongs to a gal who works at the bike shop (Redemptive Cycles, B'ham AL), and is a pretty good rider. She's still faster than me anyway . Note the cheeseburger seat bag, and she has ketchup and mustard water bottles. Her bike looks delicious!