View Single Post
Old 09-22-20, 05:04 PM
Mulberry20

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Trobinson986
I live in NYC and have been cycling all summer. I bought a TCR in March and have been loving the sport since. It’s beginning to get cold in nyc and I want to ride as far into the fall as I can. What sort of kit do you guys recommend for the colder weather. So far, I have a couple of kits. All summer warm weather kits. 1 from cafe du cycliste, one Rapha and one from ASSOS. I have a rain/wind breaker from Cafe Du Cycliste. What do you guys recommend for the cooler weather. I’d like to get tights I can wear under my bibs so I can just wear my summer bibs with the tights. Is that realistic? What is best??
I live in Manhattan and in the process of buying things for fall and winter too. I have plenty of long tights but need tops. I would get heavier tights like WOLACO which is based in Manhattan and a long sleeve merino base layer and a jacket rated to 40 degrees. Long finger gloves like Castelli or Gore and you should be fine in NYC. Merino socks are a great idea. I like Darn Tough the best.

Where do you ride?