View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 01:15 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,089 Times in 1,182 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
The Town of Oyster Bay, for one, has serious safety concerns about the crossing at TOBAY Beach. I believe these concerns are warranted.
Your concerns (and TOBAY's) are not warranted. The crossings for the path at the entrance/exits to the beach from the parkway are at grade crossings, with stop signs placed for cyclists. It's a well marked crossing and is a common design to many bike paths I've ridden. As well, it's been the design for a few years now and it is a disservice to the public for TOBAY to now decide they don't like the design. As note that this at-grade crossing is used currently on the Bethpage path as well as the path Nassau County installed on the perimeter of Eisenhower Park. And quite frankly there is NO alternative to this design unless somebody comes up with a few million to build bridges and that's not going to happen. TOBAY needs to move ahead and allow this (if they have any choice).
Likes For Steve B.: