Old 10-26-20, 02:00 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by scarlson
Oh man, me too... I mailed some stuff I machined to @cudak888 without tracking (just using postage stamps), and it never got there. I machined the parts again and mailed them with tracking and they were there within a couple days! Just goes to show.. Completely random I guess.
Had similar happen when shipping a PX10 dropout spacer to top506 , couple years ago now? Now I only ship tracked mail. Even that's apparently fallible, though! Like ...

I shipped a pile of French headset parts to Iniezione recently and the last scan was the stuff leaving Atlanta and hitting NY. They never bothered to scan it in once it went on the truck, nor did the carrier scan at dropoff. I'm eternally grateful to the guy for looping back to confirm it arrived.

Had a fun one with greg3rd48, sending him some rare tidbits on-the-house, so he could complete his Gitane Super Corsa build, the carrier delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately, by some stroke of sheer luck, he was able to get his hands on it.

I'm usually sending out 2-3 packages a week, half for business, half just to hook other cycling enthusiasts up. I'm hoping this turns out to be something I'm laughing about later, but the fact this part cannot be easily replaced, and it's such a nice example of the period, it's stinging a little worse. An uncommon vintage dropout spacer or special MAFAC cable hanger is one thing, but this specific stem ... ugh.

Likes For francophile: