Old 03-05-21, 04:02 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked 2,293 Times in 1,281 Posts

Rear drops on my 1972 Grand Rally
This was quite the project bike. The rust from years of being left outside in a Central California beach town took its toll. I spent a year on this bike and it was worth it. If you like that bike, you should go ahead with it. Make sure there is no terminal damage from a crash or anything. I paid $100 for this one because I figured the early Campagnolo bits were worth that. When I began taking it apart , I kind of fell in love with the fact that it survived! The bearings still had fresh grease and there was no damage to any of the races. Due to the upgrades someone did to the bike I have a suspicion it may have been raced. Zeus competition seat post and Campy just about everywhere. Cranks are Super Record 175 length. See Rusty Resurection on my blog joesvintageroadbikes.wordpress. I might add, there is very little information on the Grand Rally. I think it may have been a transitional model before the Nuevo Record. What I know about this bike I learned from Bartley aka mech986, he has info on the ItalVega brand.

Last edited by Kabuki12; 03-05-21 at 04:12 PM.
Likes For Kabuki12: