View Single Post
Old 05-12-15, 09:56 AM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by vincent713
While we are in the subject of throttle, do you guys prefer twist or thumb throttle? I've never use thumb before but read it can be cumbersome when traveling long distance.
My thumb throttle is basically on or off hard to control anything in between, I suspect the twist throttle is better that way.

Originally Posted by njt07
well i got mine here in Korea an dhte shop that set it up for me removed the pedal assist speed limitation. It still has the throttle limitation though (20mph/32kmph). With pedaling I've gotten it up to 45kmph (28mph) relatively easily, though I don't do it often. I'm generally happy (when I'm commuting) to ride at or around 20mph consistently with whatever amount of effort I feel like putting into it. What I like most is getting up to 20mph quickly and then maintaining that speed, I don't really get the urge to go faster too often. the dealer did tell me the law in korea is that the bike cant go more than 20kmph unassisted, never mentioned how fast it can legally go assisted though.

my dealer also set mine up with the mountain mode so that it has a higher torque at the start and up hills. This drains the battery faster but helps a lot when I'm haling a good amount of stuff or towing my daughter.
The mountain mode as I understand it is more for saving the battery and lowering the heat buildup in the motor by changing the parameters of the cycle pulse for long hills... On mine I actually have a bit less assistance in mountain mode than in the 4th power setting or throttle. You should just use the throttle for bursts of power as that will give you the best effect and save the mountain mode to use on long hills...