View Single Post
Old 08-30-18, 07:37 AM
carlosponti

Bikes: '90 Raleigh Technium Prestige, '90 Fuji Thrill - Gone, '18 Fuji Nevada 1.7 29er, '19 Fezzari Abajo Peak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottD961
carlosponti - could you please tell me what upgrades you made to yours? I really like that seat and seatpost, and bar tape and..................! having fun riding is what it's all about
I mostly completely disassembled the bike it was in bad shape when I got it. Cleaned and Lubed everything. It came with mostly shimano 105 parts ie brakes and drive train. Not sure if it was original to the bike. the front derailleur was damaged beyond repair from them putting a top pull on a down pull cabling. I installed a new tourney because it was all I had money for at the time. I bought new cables and cable housing recabled the whole bike. The seatpost that came with it was a cheap steel job from a much cheaper bike and the seat was a giant mtb seat. I got a good deal on a seat from amazon and got a seatpost from the LBS. I rewrapped the bars the original tape was in tatters. Wish I had gone with a darker color on the bar tape white shows the dirt fast. It has new tires from when I took that picture. the gumwall tire is gone, went with a continental. has new tubes. the rear skewer was missing replaced it as well. It was a bike someone found at a garage sale for 5 bucks might have spent around 100 in total getting it back on the road. been a pretty good bike this was my first drop handle bar road bike. It took a bit getting used to riding on such a thin tire, it felt weird.