View Single Post
Old 09-03-18, 04:19 PM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked 940 Times in 490 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottD961
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the info. I looked into the Technium link you provided but could not find the list of parts you mentioned that you used to upgrade yours.I'll go back and check it again. I am going to modernize this bike, most of the components on this one, hell all, look like pretty average stuff and they are old to boot.Could you post a list or PM me one Please? Also am interested in the Aluminum fork you mentioned too. One more question on the 700c wheels, Are they bigger or smaller in Diameter that the 27 inchers?
Hi Scott, If you look at that post again, underneath the yellow Technium (the only all-yellow one), you will see my list of components. Yes, some stiffer wheels, lighter hubs and aluminum fork will go a long way toward giving you a performance boost. https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/bi...-a-head-black/
Show Us Your Techniums! (Technium? Technia?)

Pacenti, Velocity, Sun/Ringle, Kinlin and H Plus Son offer strong, light, affordable rims. (Lower spoke count means less weight).

Kinesis is your best bet for aluminum forks, but their U.S. distribution is nil, so you have to go to a foreign website. Go over to Weight Weenies website and pick out the lightest stuff you can. It doesn't have to be really expensive...aluminum components will do fine.

As you know, the back of the Technium is steel, but i think it is worth it to have the ride characteristics that it affords. Let me know what you decide, because i am excited about Techniums, and especially souping them up. Paul