canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by teejaywhy
Incredibly inexpensive. I may take a chance...

3D or 4D pad? Difference?
I got the original Przewalski shorts with 3D pad in summer 2018. Very comfortable pad with an unusual surface texture. It has a relatively smooth surface, unlike the more felt-like surface texture of most microfiber fabric covered pads. Yet it breathes better, wicks sweat away from the skin more efficiently, and cleans more easily if we use skin ointments or balms.

I can't vouch for the newer 4D pads, haven't tried one yet. I may order the bibs with the 4D pads just to see how they compare.

The only issue I have with the Przewalski shorts is the same one I have with all shorts and bibs. My thighs are unusually long for my height, and skinny as toothpicks. So most shorts and bibs ride up on me. The Przewwalski, Pearl Izumi, Aero Tech and Black Bibs all fit me like 1960s-'70s cycling shorts -- about midway down the thigh, not quite shorty shorts but nowhere near the knee. I'd need to order the longer length shorts/bibs from Aero Tech or Black Bibs to compare. Some makers don't offer longer versions of their shorts and bibs.