t_c

Bikes: Cinelli Tipo Pista, Neglected Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bicycle Geometry Workshop (Software)

Hi All,
I have a personal software project I thought people around here might find useful/interesting. This started out as a winter project and as a test bed for some UI and other work. This project lets you overlay frames and complete bikes with a virtual rider (AKA "Stickman"). The idea was that you could test virtual configurations with different frames and/or components and see what it does to the riding position. I did try to capture and output what I thought was useful information/analysis, but I'm not a bike fitter, I'm just a typist...

So, I'm new here and just found I can't post links (or the screenshot) so that makes this a post little awkward (hopefully some kind soul with more points than I can post proper links when you figure out I'm not trying to mess with anyone ). For now, just replace the text in brackets or go to github: my user name is studiotc and the project is BicycleGeometryWorkshop. Sorry for the pseudo links...

The project is at github: github[dot com][slash]studiotc[slash]BicycleGeometryWorkshop

You can download a zip file from the project dist folder here:
github[dot com][slash]studiotc[slash]BicycleGeometryWorkshop[slash]tree[slash]master[slash]dist
(Rudimentary help files are included in the zip.)

It's a Java project (there is no installer), so just unpack the zip and run the .jar from the folder and it should be fine. I have only tested this on a WIN10 Machine, but I've had good success (no problems) running my Java projects a Mac in the past. I haven't tested this specific project on Mac or Linux though. If you run into any problems let me know and I will do my best to address them. My life is getting busy again, so I'm not going to have much time to devote to this project in the future (Forking is encouraged for interested parties).

Cheers,
Tom