Old 04-07-21, 06:19 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Massive day of yard work today. Bought 11 bags of Mulch last night, grass seed, flowers and fertilizer. Wife also gave me permission for me to get my drill.

Up to this point I had an old black and decker that came from god knows where. After about three screws the battery would be dead.

Picked up a Kobalt 24v 1/2 brushless drill, and Impact driver. Cheaper to buy both than it was to buy the drill by itself.
When we got to the house, one of the cabinet doors was off and sitting in a corner. No one mentioned it until we asked. One of the two hinges had bent, so BIL just took the door off and let it sit there for who knows how long.

Anyway, I picked up a new pair of hinges when we picked up a load of mulch, but the face frame drillings were different. I needed to drill pilot holes and drive a pair of 1" screws.

Holy ****. I found 3 drills in the house - a corded one with ****ed up chuck jaws (wouldn't hold a bit straight), a cordless with a dead-to-the-world battery, and another cordless with the most pitiful torque I've ever experienced. On top of that, every Phillips bit was rounded and would cam out of the screw heads. Those ****** tools turned a 10 minute job in to an hour plus of frustration.