Old 01-20-18, 10:51 AM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Chamfering bb on 2013 Single Speed?

Love my Carryme and have been taking it to work for years now. I have hills and some days wind plus a heavy backpack so I put on the 64t chainring and chain from bfold. Of course I have lost a lot power on the flats and spin out some times. I have lots of upgrades on this bike and very little stock parts other than the crank. I would like to add a second speed to MY Carryme but am told by Pacific not to chamfer the bb.Bikegang is selling the ds crank for $280 on ebay. I live within a days drive to Utah Trikes that could chamfer the bb and install the crank. Pacific is claiming that the bb is not heavy enough on pre 2014 models for chamfering. My feelings are that they're just afraid that it won't be done right and not that it can't be done. Who is right here. Is there a thickness limit for bb chamfering or is Pacific just being overly cautious.
After thinking about it I may have asked this question about 10 months ago. If that is the case please forgive me. I'm going to contact Utah Trikes and see what they say as they do chamfering regularly.

Last edited by Pahana; 01-20-18 at 11:41 AM.