View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 11:12 AM
libertarian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cross alps tour, one week. Packing what?

Just started the process of roughly planning a trip to Europe with my bike and meet up with a friend over there. I'd bring my bike in a yet to purchase case and pick an airline that does this at a reasonable cost. Probably more questions about that later. We'd take the train to Munich and spend about a week to 10 days going down to Venice through the Italian alps. I know some of the areas and passes from having skied there, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

It would be the two of us probably. I'll be on my Pinarello road bike, my friend would be on a touring e-bike. We're too old for camping or anything like that, so we'd be going from hotel to hotel, pre-planned and booked probably for the most part. There may even be the option to mail a package or two to some places along the way. Or maybe just dump some clothes along the way and buy fresh. I'd want to have as little stuff as possible.

Anyone done that or something like it? What's your experience with packing and what to bring? What bags? Backpacks? Chances are, my friend with his e-bike has a few more options to take some of our stuff.
Any recommendations for securing a bike along the way if you go somewhere?