Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Claud Butler track/path frame 1955?

Hey all. I know I've been saying no more frames or projects, and I did mean it when I said it last. "Did" is also past tense! Saw this one, and had to pounce. Not a value pick up due to shipping, not perfect, but good for my use. Refinish is meh, but I believe the burgundy showing to be original paint color at least. Missing original head badge. Chrome is strong and clean. Plans to build it w/27" per catalog specs (looking for 32/40 hoops and fixed gear hubs if you have them, let me know!). Likely a Sprint? Previous owner added a deraillieur hanger (not the cleanest) but frame condition overall is great. Fork and track ends show very little use, and look great. Threads are clean, and tubes don't appear overly rusty.

Weighs approx 2030g w/single race for frame. Round bladed fork weighs 770g w/race. 58x58 ctc. Accepts 27.2 seat post. Serial # is 2696 over 555 steerer and BB match.

Any opinions, thoughts, etc appreciated. Always appreciate the form, and C&V especially. Very excited to get this one rolling. Let me know if myself and seller are wrong on year/model? As always, any and all insight. Can and will post additional pics if needed.