View Single Post
Old 09-19-11, 05:58 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Wow...look at me starting a thread like this and going to bed. I'm off to a great start!

Originally Posted by Leukybear
Dear Dave,

Did you create this thread to take some load off of poor Ol' Carleton?
Not really to take some of the load off of him but more because people were starting to ask me specific questions in his thread. I feel the "Dear Carleton" thread has been a big success and asset to the forum and he's been amazing with keeping up with it and answering certain types of questions.

Originally Posted by hamfoh
Dear Scrod, do you wash your hair
Occasionally, yes. I usually just rinse it really well when in the shower because shampoo actually contains chemicals that make your hair unhealthy, which is how they are able to convince you that you must also purchase expensive conditioners and other "hair care" products. When I do, it's with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap.

Originally Posted by Street rider
So, to basically continue that little conversation from earlier, would this work as a BB replacement since they actually have 107?
Yes, but you can find it cheaper.

Originally Posted by hamfoh
what bb tool did you use for your protype?
Park Tool BBT-22. Pro tip: get yourself a 2" bolt with the same threads as a standard crank arm bolt and thread it into your spindle (through the BB tool) to keep it from falling off while you're installing/removing.

Originally Posted by max5480
^that's funny.

but srslys, everyone is going to ask you about stuff you sell. like, for instance, who makes your foot straps? Even though I'd be paying 20$ more, should I support a company that hand makes them right in my own home town?! I think the answer is yes. However, this question could be regarded as an ethical question regarding the economics involved in supporting online stores vs local production practices. Speaking of which, HAmfOH, you should get a LOW if you really want one.
Really, there's already a thread about this that a lot of people frequent. To answer your question though (which I feel is less about product and more about ethics) - our straps are hand made by myself, Angie and a friend of ours. We're in no way a giant "online retailer" and by buying stuff from the Retrogression site, you're still supporting small independent business run by people who are doing things their own way. I do understand wanting to buy local though.

Originally Posted by hairnet
What about Deputy Hairnet?
I'm going to start a thread called that.

I've got to run but I'll get to anything I didn't answer after I get some work done.

Last edited by Scrodzilla; 09-19-11 at 09:31 AM.