View Single Post
Old 03-26-24, 11:51 PM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 378 Posts
Originally Posted by Sentinel1
Thats a poor man's clone. Only its not. The handle bar is not even adjustable. You can't skimp on QUALITY. The Sram force groupset alone costs around £1000. Same way people clone Bromptons. But there's nothing quite like the real thing. And it will make your money back many times over. In the years ahead.
If that's how you want to play it, then I'll say that your Tern is the silly spendthrift man's, road-bike-envy bike. Two can play at condescension.

I don't doubt that's the price of the SRAM gruppo in the UK that comes on it. But you can get comparable performance from Shimano for half the price. You wanna be silly about money, fine, but make no mistake, there are better value alternatives. The King still has no clothes.

Adjustable handlebar? That's a liability in my book, adding complexity, weight and a reduction in stiffness. You see it as a plus, to me it's a minus.

£2,400 seven years ago is £3,164 or $3,990 today. $3,990 sure buys a lot of confirmation bias. Yeah, it's the king, alright. The king of price. 💰 👑 💰 And you want to be taken seriously? GTFOH.​

Last edited by Ron Damon; 03-27-24 at 01:50 AM.
Likes For Ron Damon: