View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 09:24 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Lots to consider here. While I'm personally a year and a half into my return to semi-serious cycling, I have for the most part participated in some kind of physical activity throughout my life. So was out of shape but not totally out of shape if this makes sense.

Now at 62, I cannot prove it but I'm fairly certain that I'm riding stronger and longer than I ever did. That may not be saying much but in my mind it's a very big deal.

Still, while I'm now putting in the miles (100-150/week) and putting forth the effort (hills) I'm having trouble getting a regular workout routine going. On the plus side I'm climbing hills I had to walk up even this time last year and I have lost almost 25 pounds of which I really didn't need to lose. Almost to the point that I'm too skinny. So I have concluded that while my saddle time is much expanded and and more often, I cannot disclipline myself to do much to increase my 192 ftp by way of an intense structured workout plan. Maybe that is the reason why the pro's are pro's because they stick to a plan?

Anyway I think at this age we should do the best we can but not kill yourselves trying to beat anyone, speaking for myself I have nothing to prove to anyone anyway.
Likes For Thomas15: