View Single Post
Old 09-13-14, 03:53 AM
atombikes

Bikes: homebuilt FWD recumbents, Genesis 20" folding bike, 1986 Schwinn Tempo, Cannondale Beast of the East, 70's Peugeot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by roving70
change the bottom bracket, freewheel to 7speed and rear derailer...smoother and faster ride for a total of ding..ding..ding! $ 66.50(the price is right!). the parts remove are all working well...it's just me having fun upgrading it. no luck on the fd...need to buy the litepro mu fd adapter.

Thanks for looking into the front derailleur situation. As you know, I already eliminated the generic folding bike derailleur bracket sold on ebay for around $25.00; hopefully you will have better luck with the Litepro. Although I must say, the problem I had (the single fat stiffener tube) is welded in such a location that it might also prevent the Litepro from working either? It will be an interesting experiment and not too costly.

I currently have the 52/42 chainrings on my bike (no front derailleur so always on the 52) and I thought that if I had to downshift to the 42 I could do it manually, but I must say I haven't found a hill yet on my regular rides that require that downshift. So I may remove the 42 and move the 52 to the inboard position to clean up the chainline a little.