Old 11-19-16, 06:39 PM
osco53
Old Fart In Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Canker
Osco sounds like you are comparing your spark to a $600 full suspension bike from bikesdirect which would be crap from anybody. Nothing that cost more than that will come with mechanical brakes anymore. I'm not big on BD's full suspension bikes either but their new HAL6 line is their most up to date looking and is pretty impressive.
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...tain-bikes.htm
That is a lot of bike for $1600. Their $2k version looks even better.

Anyway a new rider doesn't need a 150mm+ travel bike and the Giant is a great bike.
Yeah after a better look your right, but still i bet Its a heavy tank. Got some good things on it,, the m8000,,yeah man but I see some not so good stuff,,,Ok for $1600 ok ok I'd bite but the INSULT Is calling that bike a $3999.00 bike then marking It down to whats Its worth...
All I can go by Is what I've seen first hand and ridden, In all three cases the bikes direct bike was marked up then mark down and They never were a deal.

My next door neighbor got himself a $3,000 Jamis full squish for $1,000, and It hangs on his garage wall....
Mech brakes, 26" wheels that won't go tubeless no matter how hard he tried.
Cheap seat, head set, handlebars, shifters, front and rear derailleurs, wheels, All these things you'd expect on a $500 hard tail or a $379 Big Box sporting goods store bike.

I rode the thing,,once,,

Oh wait ! It had a low end rockshox and the rear shock had a spring wrapped around it,,bouncy thing that was..

I know a guy who got a $750 Hard Tail fat bike with a 2x10 and a Bluto fork from Bikes Direct,,
I looked It up and sure enough, the add was typical,, calling the bike a $1799 bike ALL FOR $750,,,
That fat bike was a Nice bike, worth every penny of the $750 but not even close to a $1799 bike..

I must stop commenting on Bikes direct bikes,, I have only seen four In person and the fat bike was the only one that I felt the customer got what he paid for,, the other three bikes,,, well..

Last edited by osco53; 11-19-16 at 06:54 PM.