Old 02-27-19, 10:02 AM
Sharpshin

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Change in plans: Route suggestions Colorado/Wyoming/Yellowstone requested.

I'm the guy who was asking about crossing Death Valley in July. Well, going over the route from San Antonio TX it weren't so much the prospect of Death Valley that was the problem, rather it was the getting there, including 250 miles along I 40 from Holbrook to Kingman AZ, and another 200 miles of awful after that just to get to Death Valley. Finally, 2,000 miles along at the Pacific Coast I would still be 1,000+ miles a good friend's house in Montana. I've done 2,000 mile in 33 days before, but that might not necessarily translate to 3,500+ miles in the 70 days at my disposal.

New Route; 600 miles to the Sacramento Mountains of SE New Mexico (good friend's house) , then north through New Mexico to Taos area (another good friend). From there meandering north through Colorado and Wyoming to include the Wind River Range (WY) and Yellowstone National Park. Ultimately ending in Great Falls Montana (a third good friend's house).

Google puts this TX/NM/CO/WY/MT route in the 2,000 mile ballpark, taking the pressure off and allowing me time to dawdle.

Looking for route suggestions I should consider for Colorado/Wyoming.

Thanks.

Mike

Last edited by Sharpshin; 02-27-19 at 10:24 AM.