Old 03-09-19, 10:51 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6133 Post(s)
Liked 4,067 Times in 2,310 Posts
Originally Posted by jamawani
Mercy -

Based on your posted journals at CGOAB, I have done much longer, much more remote touring.
I hardly think it accurate to suggest that I shouldn't leave my house.
I simply prefer quieter roads - which I consider more enjoyable and safer.

The most dangerous roads - according to the FHWA - are moderate traffic arterial highways.
Interstate highways - with their wide shoulders - are pretty safe for cyclists. But why?
Very low traffic roads - even without shoulders - are safer than arterials.

1 cent.
Please quit making stuff up. Who ever suggested that you shouldn’t leave your house? It certainly wasn’t me. I don’t agree with some of your routes for people unfamiliar with the area. And I don’t necessarily agree with all of your route suggestions because they tend to go way out of their way to avoid any kind of traffic.

I don’t post everything I do on Crazy Guy. Don’t assume. I’ve done many off-road tours over the years. I just haven’t posted them. Some are old and I just don’t want to convert the pictures. I haven’t posted other for various reasons. I did a loop over Williams, Cumberland and Tincup Pass but never posted it because I lost my camera. No pictures makes for a very boring Crazy Guy post. I did a loop from Colorado Springs to Cripple to Canon City and back but haven’t posted it yet. I generally don’t post rather short weekend rides either.

As for traffic, that’s your personal choice. Some people, myself included, don’t have a problem riding on a road with rather wide shoulders even with a slightly higher traffic load. Colorado’s mountains constrain traffic and roads into rather narrow corridors and are often the only way through an area without climbing...not cycling...over mountains.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!