View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 01:26 PM
MNebiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 83 Posts
New MUP Trail Stuff

As a trail rider, I really enjoy the weekly MUP trail frustration threads. They are more fun than reading Dunesburry and Dilbert combined!

But - guys and gals, we are in a rut. The same old stuff gets repeated over and over. In the past weeks there have been numerous threads covering:

Cyclists - fast & slow, riding no hands, riding in packs, cutting blind corners, in wrong lane, on phones, weaving all over the trail
Dogs - off leash, on long leashes, multiple groups of dogs, dogs that try to bite
Joggers & Walkers - in wrong lanes, wearing earbuds, talking to each other, moving wrong way when warned of passing
Cell phone addicts - on foot or on 2 wheels
Family groups - walking or on bikes, with little kids on first bikes, stopped in the middle of the trail
Moms - pushing strollers side by side or stopped on the trail to tend to the kids
Generalized rudeness or unconcious behaviour by any of the above
Crosswalks - cars don't stop,cyclists cross without lookiing
Bells vs. "On the left"
Flashing headlights
Electric bikes - ban or allow, speed issues

So - let's see if we can come up with something new and different. What is the strange NEW thing you have encountered on the trails.

Here's my nomination to open the list: Two weeks ago I encountered a young lady who had spread out her beach towel and was sunbathing on the trail.