Bike Forums - View Single Post - 5 day tour from San Francisco perhaps towards wine country
Old 11-05-19, 10:12 PM
riceowls

Bikes: Trek FX 7.2, Diamondback Century 2, Trek T2000 tandem, K2 Enemy cyclocross, Bike Friday tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Ok. We are set on the mini-tour following sapporoguy's route suggestions. 4.5 days starting with early afternoon ferry ride with tentative stops in Napa, Healdersburg, Bodega Bay and PT Reyes Station. A few more questions for locals:

-what is the typical day temp variation in Mid December. What is the chance of rain?

I like the idea of having an Uber as an emergency backup or to get to winery after day's ride is over. Is the whole area covered?

From reading the news Kincade Fire was going through very near the route. It is over but is there a reason to detour around the affected area or all back to normal in 5 weeks?

It seems that the route from Bodega Bay to Sausalito is all along hwy1... Is there a shoulder? Is it reasonable route to ride on. I see it is a part of the ACA Pacific route but still I remember that even driving on it felt dangerous.... Any alternatives?