Old 07-20-14, 05:10 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Louis Le Tour
JUST TODAY I got buzzed by a huge buss on Hiway 120 a couple of miles north of Oakdale, CA. That monster was SO CLOSE I could've reached out and touched it easily. I know that only a very small per cent of bike riders get hit in that fashion but it made me so DAMNED MAD!! It's a good thing there was no way I could catch up with him because I'm certain there'd have been more going on than a mere exchange of ugly words! Like many before me OP I wish you a speedy recovery. It is often said that what does not kill us makes us stronger, I hope that's the case in this situation.
When you get buzzed like that, note the vehicle number and company name or the tag number, the date, time and location.
Call your local police non-emergency number to find out how to make a formal complaint of dangerous or careless driving. Commercial vehicle operators know exactly who is operating which vehicle on what day and at what time, and they often do not like getting reports like this, see a bus is essentially a 40' long rolling billboard for the company, and if drivers are acting poorly in traffic, that can cost them business.