View Single Post
Old 07-20-14, 07:02 PM
mprelaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Metric Man
. I'm having my attorney look things over and see if a civil case might be prudent.
"Might"? No might involved. With the extent of your injuries, you should open a claim with his insurer. You probably won't have to bring a civil suit in court. Broken bones and ribs, along with a collapsed lung, you're looking at a nice pain and suffering award on top of your medical expenses, and any lost wages if you were out of work.

As far as posting about it goes, the insurance company will be bound by the police's accident report and your Go Pro footage. They aren't in a position to dispute liability. You were struck from behind, and a driver is almost always responsible for striking a vehicle of any kind, or a pedestrian, from the rear. The only issue here is damages, and I wouldn't post anything about how you feel, or anything about the nature of your injuries beyond what you said already. Your hospital and follow up records will also speak for themselves, but there is the issue of pain and suffering. And don't speak to any adjusters. If one contacts you, tell them that you are represented by an attorney. That should end the conversation right then and there. Let your lawyer handle the demand for damages.