Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
fit

I had triceps pain on my last 2 rides. Sunday, it was like hitting a wall, one minute fine, 2-3 minutes of feeling a little fatigue, next 10 minutes get off the bike and walk type pain. Except that I don't. The pain became so intense I would have stopped, except I was so close to home (1.5 mi to go) and just wanted it over with in the 90° + sun. The "only" thing that was different, I spent probably 20% of the 20 mile ride in the drops. I ride almost exclusively on my hoods, even when trying to ride fast (forearms parallel to ground).

Reading the posts above, touching my toes, seems the same as the last time, (probably a year ago) not palm flat, but ok.

The biggest surprise to me was that changing position, did not solve the problem. Sitting up straight no hands, yes. Riding one handed with the other at my side or behind my back, yes. Out of the saddle dancing on the pedals, on a little hill, ok. But any weight at all, even upright on the tops of the bars, excruciating. Very strange feeling to have pushed a single (right and left equally) muscle into such distress with such rapid onset, and with almost no sense of recovery after changing positions. (My forearms started to hurt a lot also as tried to compensate.)

Obviously my body was not ready to handle the change in position, but I never imagined the difference would be so pronounced, or sudden. I' m going to go out now before it gets toohot amd go for a 10 mile ride to see how it all feels. This ain't for sissies, but beats the alternative.