Old 10-16-20, 02:28 PM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 631 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
To not get enough protein in the day you really have to try hard. You would have to eat junk and I don't mean potato chips and peanut and chocolate bars, I mean stuff that is completely nutritionally devoid and only that. Most people eat more than enough protein in a day just eating, You can get enough protein from a russet potato. I think the whole protein thing is way overblown. I don't think it is a bad thing to eat protein but to make such a fuss is a bit silly.
I think the "Are You Getting Enough Protein?" scam comes from the same place as "Are You Getting Enough Iron?" or "Are You Getting Enough Calcium?" scams. You can do this same thing with anything the body needs, from water, to vitamins, to sex.

I've obsessed over protein too like everyone else, and firmly believe it's yet another GNC (R.I.P.) inspired scam to get people to buy various supplements, which they never needed in the first place. Eat as well as you can, and take note of the foods that feel healthiest to you, and cut out the stuff that does not agree with you. For me, that's currently a non-meat, whole grain, fruit, vegetable, and yogurt diet, but YMMV, especially depending on age and activity level.
Likes For Lemond1985: