Old 03-31-20, 05:53 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10894 Post(s)
Liked 4,559 Times in 2,089 Posts
My Garmin 1030 took a dump a few months ago, started rebooting on its own every time I hit a bump. Because it had fallen off my bike numerous times and the case was beat to heck, Garmin wouldn’t replace it. they offered a 1030 refurb that was almost as expensive as a new 830 so I went to my LBS and bought a new 830 and threw the 1030 in a drawer.

A week or so ago, the 830 started giving me fits, discharging overnight and also having boot issues. I called Garmin and the tech told me some 830s had issues and they were going to release an update soon that was supposed to fix it. He sent me the beta update and walked me through the install. Seems to work fine now.

While he was on the phone, we talked about some issues that I’d had with their products in the past and I mentioned that before my 1030 died, it had had a light leak halo since it was new. Bingo! Magic words. I had heard some 1030s had had that issue and he offered to replace my broken 1030 with a refurb free of charge. He didn’t care that it was broken. I sent a pic of the “haloed” screen and he approved the free replacement.

Likes For Trsnrtr: