tonski 

Bikes: Ritte 8055, Felt TK3, Cervelo S2 & P3, Giant TCR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
Not direct experience, but:
those hubs are big and burly and totally solid. decent bearings that you won't wear out.
the rims are excellent.
wider rims are particularly suited to road, and rough stuff; there are better options for racing indoor, but for all-purpose wheels, outdoor wheels, racing on concrete, or just warmup/training wheels, they're a good wheel.
Awesome, thank you.

Originally Posted by McRussellPants
I wanted to the C2 tubular hoops for my Cyclocross bike real bad. The Belgian/ardennes bed works awesome for 32c and I've watched guys case concrete stairs with them and they come out unscathed.

None of that is really useful for a track bike unless it's also your tarck bike. Also, for the 8-900 they want for them you could pay msrp to have a shop build you a bit lighter and a bit narrower for 19-23c.

Shrug.
I know it's getting off topic but what other rims are out there? I'm relatively new to track stuff and plan to commute and race track this season. I've been racing road for a couple of years now and the pricing/reviews are much easier to find for those (a la competitivecyclist and the like)..