View Single Post
Old 03-21-20, 06:03 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
A beautiful day to be anti social. One of my past regular training routes from the house to Morrow Mountain and back. For some reason it look longer than used to??? 106 miles with 6500’ of hills.

It was really neat seeing so many people outside with their families. The parking lot down at the bottom beside the lake was busy with hikers....people of all ages. There weren’t many parking spaces up top on Morrow Mountain with a lot of families picnicking and enjoying the views.

The bathrooms were closed in the Morrow Mountain park and I’d planned to get water there. So my first refill wasn’t until mile 70.....and a warmer day than normal, too.

On the way back there was a grandmother riding a step through bike along with her grandkids with training wheels in a church parking lot. Around a farm pond not far away there were 10-12 kids fishing. There was another family playing softball in their front yard. Coming back through Concord there were a lot more people walking, running and riding bikes. The general population might just come out of this thing healthier than before!!!

Destination! Today’s bike choice.

A view from up top looking in the direction I came from.

A selfie up top with the Lake in the background.

Lunch.

Beautiful white puffy clouds on the ride back.

Pink blossoms were abundant today.

It was closed!

Our church and NO I was NOT a charter member.

Testing to see if pollen reduces surface friction and makes you faster.